Metal recycling plays an important part in protecting our environment. When you recycle metals you:
- Protects landfills because metals slow down the process for other materials to break down.
- Lowers the demand for mining, which helps protect the land from harsh environmental impacts.
- Provide metals for things we use everyday.
Most Metals Are Recyclable
Most metals can be recycled. Exceptions include any radioactive metals, like Plutonium and Uranium or those that contain Mercury. Very few household items contain those metals! Metals such as aluminum, copper, steel, brass, cast iron, and tin are all salvageable.
How Does Metal Get Recycled?
Typically, scrap yards will:
- Sort: After the metal is inspected for radiation it will be sorted by material. Next, it is cut into manageable pieces by hydraulic machinery. Afterward, it is cut and crushed into even smaller pieces. Finally, a magnet separates the metal into ferrous and non-ferrous categories.
- Melting: Each metal type is melted at the specific temperature required.
- Purification: While the metal is in its liquid state, powerful magnets and electrolysis take out any impurities.
- Cooling: Finally, the metal is taken to cooling chambers to solidify for transport to the appropriate facility.
Everyday we use or see something that is made from recycled metals. Recycled metals can be found in the following items:
- Plumbing fixtures and fittings
- Roofing materials
- Canned goods
Are You Ready For a Roll-off Container to Help With Your Recycling Needs
Located in Acworth, GA and serving the surrounding areas, R & R Container Services are proud to be a locally and family owned and operated company with customer satisfaction as our first and only priority.
They operate R & R Container Service on the basis of honesty, integrity, and prompt, professional service. We gladly offer free, fast estimates and quotes over the phone. Our dumpster and container rentals are top-notch because of the service and convenience we provide for each and every customer. Call us today to find out what makes us your first and last call for all your waste management, garbage, or refuse hauling needs at 770-975-9554